At Inncabin, your privacy is important to us. We know that’s the kind of thing all these sorts of notices say, but frankly we mean it. You’ve placed your trust in us by using the Inncabin services and we value that trust. That means we’re committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
This one privacy statement applies to any kind of information we collect through these platforms or other means connected to these platforms (such as contacting our customer service team via email). It makes for a lot less tedious reading. Accommodation partners should however also visit the Privacy Statement for accommodation partners. We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time. If you care about your privacy, visit this page regularly and you’ll know exactly where you stand. Sad but necessary bit: If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services. If you agree with our Privacy Statement, then you’re all set to book your next stay. Let the good times roll!
We can’t help you book the perfect accommodation without information, so when you use our services there are certain pieces of information we ask for. This is pretty basic stuff – your name, preferred contact details, the names of anybody travelling with you and your payment information. In addition to this, we also collect information from your computer. This can include the IP address, the browser you use, and your language settings. There are also situations in which we receive information about you from others or automatically collect other information.
The main reason we ask you for personal details is a pretty good one – it’s to help administer your online bookings, ensure you get the best service possible and keep your information safe. We also use your personal data to contact you and to inform you of our latest deals and special offers.
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
• Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation, which is pretty central to what we do as a company! We may also offer you other travel-related products and services from third parties. These will be via our online services, and if you choose to utilise these we will use your information to complete and administer your order just as we would if you booked an accommodation only.
• Account facilities: Inncabin users can create a user account on our websites or apps. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your bookings or other purchases, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see previously searched accommodation easily and to check other travel-related information you have provided. It also allows you to see any reviews you have submitted. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. Inncabin for Business account holders can save contact details in their account facility, manage their business reservations and link other account holders to the Inncabin for Business account.
• Online groups: We may also enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups. Any such activity may be made visible to other account holders or accommodation partners.
• Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities. These activities may include: • Using your contact information to send you news of travel-related products and services when you make a reservation with us or set up a user account. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the "Unsubscribe" link included in each newsletter.
• Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Inncabin website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites). These may be offers that you can book directly on the Inncabin site, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
• When you participate in other promotional activities (such as sweepstakes, referral programs or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
• Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
• Responding to and handling any requests you or your booked accommodation have made. Inncabin also offers guests and accommodation partners various means to exchange information, requests, and comments about accommodations and existing reservations directed through Inncabin. For more information, scroll down a bit and read the section titled “How does Inncabin process communications that you and your booked accommodation may send through Inncabin?”.
• If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service benefits you as it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for accommodation or fill in your reservation details again.
• When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Inncabin.
• We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact Inncabin if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay. We may also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through Inncabin.
• Even if you do not have an upcoming reservation, we may need to send you other administrative messages, which may include security alerts.
• Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
• Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow travellers, Inncabin’s business partners and our accommodation partners, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and reservations. For such purposes, we may have to put certain reservations on hold.
• Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use.
• Guest reviews and other destination-related information: During and after your stay at any accommodation you book through us, you may be invited to submit a guest review. We may also enable guests travelling with you or on whose behalf you have booked to provide a review. This invite may ask for information about the accommodation, the destination and other services you may have booked through Inncabin (such as attractions).
• If you indicate whether a guest review is helpful or not, we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information you share with us in an anonymous form, unless you have included this information in your public profile. This is to help other travelers like you find the right destination and the best accommodation to suit them.
• Call monitoring: When you make calls to our customer service team, Inncabin uses an automated telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations – this can help save time for both you and our customer support staff. Our customer service staff may still ask for authentication, which ensures that your reservation details are kept confidential.
• During calls with Inncabin support staff, live listening may be done or calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes. Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted, unless Inncabin has a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period (as reasonably necessary), including for fraud investigation purposes. Any call recordings will be handled in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
In accordance with data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. When your full credit card details are needed as part of the reservation process, they are stored by us for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data (either full or partly) will be either permanently deleted or will remain secured, with limited access, for fraud detection purposes. You may also store your credit card details in your user account. If you choose to do this, your credit card details will be stored in hashed form, with the exception of the last four digits of your credit card number. That way, you’ll know which card you’re using when you come to pay.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. So-called “first party cookies” (not as much fun as they sound) are cookies which are served by the entity operating the domain through which the cookie is served. Inncabin’s own cookies are therefore “first party cookies”. In case we allow others to service cookies through the Inncabin websites and apps, these cookies are so-called “third party cookies”.
In addition, there is a difference between session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies will only exist until you close your browser. Permanent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve cookies or allow the serving of cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as for security purposes and where absolutely necessary, will a cookie have a longer lifespan than that. Next to cookies, other tracking technologies are used which are similar to cookies. These can include web beacons (also known as pixel tags, web bugs or gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs). A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that can be delivered to your computer as part of a web page request, in an app, in an advertisement or in an HTML email message. Pixels can be used to retrieve information from your device, such as your device type or operating system, IP address, and time of visit. They are also used to serve and read cookies in your browser. Tracking URLs are used to understand from which referring website the Inncabin websites or apps are used. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons. All these technologies are together referred to in this Cookie Statement as “cookies”.
Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use Inncabin. This means we can find out what works and what doesn't, optimize and improve our websites or apps, understand the effectiveness of advertisements and communications, and ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather can include which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, which emails you have opened and acted upon, and date and time stamp information.
It also means we can use details about how you’ve interacted with the site, such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you enter into various fields. We make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website or apps after they have been shown an online advertisement. This may include advertisements on third-party websites. Analytics cookies may also be used to enable our business partners to learn if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as the destinations you have been searching for, the accommodation you have viewed and the prices you have been shown.
• Performance of a contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
• Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best suitable content of the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
• Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.